1/2 c. Seaweed
1/2 c. Wood Ear Black Fungus HeiMuEr
2 chopped carrots
1 chopped parsnip
1 lb short rib
2 sticks long dried soy bean curd
1 tsp. szechuan spice
2 tbsp miso paste
16-32 oz water
A fusion of beef stew, miso soup and Chinese Szechuan.
1. Take short ribs and brown in a soup pot with about 1 tbsp oil. Stir around until all sides are brown. Be sure to let alone for a while for a nice brown to develop
2. Chop vegetables into cubes, and add to stew. The radishes can be sliced rather than cubed
3. Break up fungus and soy bean curd, add to soup pot (all the while keeping on medium high heat), seaweed.
4. Add water to mix immediately after, filling about 1/2 inch below surface of pot. Stir so that everything is well mixed.
5. Add miso paste, stir until it is combined in the water.
6. Add 1 tsp szechuan spice to the mixture, heat on low (just above a simmer) for about 90 minutes.
7. Stir occasionally and add water if necessary due to evaporation. I don’t cover it because things can burn or boil over.