2 Lb (you can 1/2 it if you want) Yukon Gold Potatoes
3 Tablespoons dill pickle juice
1/4 C. finely chopped dill pickles
1 tbsp yellow mustard
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. celery seeds
1/2 C. Mayo (I like duke or homemade!) DO NOT use miracle whip its awful
1/4 C. sour cream (I used dairy free yogurt as a dairy-free replacement)
1/2 small red onion finely chopped
1 Stalk celery finely chopped
1 tsp. salt for the water
1/2 tsp. salt for the salad
A very nice classic american potato salad with a twist of dill pickle juice.
1. Peel and cube the potatoes (into 3/4 inch cubes)
2. Place the diced potatoes into a pot of cold water, being sure to cover the potatoes with at least 1 inch of water
3. Bring to boil over high heat add 1 tsp. Salt. Once its boiling reduce heat to medium low and simmer until the potatoes are tender (but not mushy) 10 to 15 minutes. If a knife inserts easily into the potatoes its done.
4. Drain potatoes and spread out in a sheet pan. Mix 2 tbsp. Pickle juice and all the mustard in a small bowl drizzle the mixture over the hot potatoes in the sheet pan. Toss evenly to coat. Refrigerate uncovered about 30 mins to allow potatoes to cool.
5. Mix remaining pickle juice, chopped pickles, 1/2 tsp. Salt, pepper, celery seeds, mayo, sour cream, red onion, and celery in a large bowl. Toss in cooled potatoes and mix together. Cover and chill for 30 mins before serving.
This came from ATK with some minor edits to make it dairy—free. I also made my own homemade mayo, which is MUCH better than dukes or any other commercial mayo for that matter!